Payment of purchases:
In store, we accept cash, and, for purchases of $10.00 or more, we accept the following credit cards: American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa. Checks accepted by management's discretion and only during banking hours with verification of funds being made prior to acceptance. There are numerous ATMs available nearby for your convenience. Online we accept all major credit cards and bank transfers through PayPal. We accept PayPal to insure that your Credit Card information is secure online.
Visiting in store:
- Appropriate dress is expected. No shoes no admittance for your safety, because of our former factory location.
- No outside food or drink allowed to preserve goods and to prevent slips or falls. A spill can ruin a treasure forever or send someone to the clinic.
- Children are welcome as long as they are under the supervision of their parents or guardians at all times -- again because of our factory setting.
- Service animals and pets are welcome as long as they are on a leash or held and pose no risk to other patrons. Please be sure that your pet has relieved himself or herself before bringing him or her into the store. Please do not leave your pet unattended in your car.
- Cell phone and other electronic device use strictly forbidden. If you must use yours, please take them out in the hall. Our other patrons thank you for your compliance.
- No photography allowed unless previously arranged with the management. There are privacy and copyright issues that we must abide by. Although we encourage browsing, we ask that your exercise care in examining any products in our store. If you do not purchase what you are looking at, those who wish to will appreciate your respect. If a book or object captures your interest, please purchase it, we are not a library or storefront for Amazon. And the item you like may not be here the next time you come.
- No running or carelessness or you will be asked to leave. This is for your own safety and for the safety of others.
Dickens accepts books from time to time to sell in-store and online on consignment for store credit. Please contact Dickens' staff for a copy of the consignment policy, and before bringing any books to the store. Acceptance is based on marketability and whether or not there is available shelf space.
Authors and artists:
Dickens hosts events and gallery showings for the creative community. To arrange for an event, please contact management for an appointment to discuss the possibility and a copy of Dickens' event/showing policies.