Welcome to Dickens Books & Art!
Spring Hours: Open Thursday through Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed April 20, Easter Sunday.
We are located in the Old Switch Factory Building, 931 Bantam Road, Route 202, Bantam, Connecticut.
We have for you:
- Collectible books -- ask about our autographed titles
- Selected new books
- Loads of used books
- Books on art, architecture, cooking, crafting, quilting, home, garden, writing, history,
- Collectible art -- currently, we have several early Russian circus posters on display
- Sketchbooks & drawing sets
- Acrylic paints on sale
- A variety of journals
- Notecards by Elizabeth Wolff
- Nostalgic Victorian greeting cards and Easter postcards from Germany
- Nostalgic replica "Noah's Ark Panorama Book" set & "Miss Browne: The Story of a Superior Mouse" picture book
- New gift & study Bibles
- Plush ravens
- Eric Sloane books from Dover
- Dover Creative Haven colorist books
- Dover books about Dore, Dulac, Morris, Parrish, Pyle, Rackham, & Wyeth
- Books by local authors
- Authentic reproductions of Byzantine crosses in sterling silver, with silver-filled chains. We also have Egyptian- and astrological-themed jewelry.
It's "Browser's Delight" as we continue updating the store in response to your suggestions & requests. And we are just starting to add a selection of books for online ordering.Upcoming Events: Sunday, April 27, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. reception for "The Art of Discovery: Finds from the Peterson Collection."
Exhibition includes fine art and prints, as well as Danbury Mint collectible porcelain plates featuring images by Northwest Connecticut artist Eric Sloane. All welcome. Refreshments. Exhibit continues until May 24. Sunday, May 4, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. "Being and Becoming."
Acclaimed author Walter Keady, a former priest from Ireland, reads from and signs his newly published memoir. Free. All welcome. Refreshments will be served.