Welcome to Dickens Books & Art!
We are located in the red brick Old Switch Factory Building, Normal hours: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., or by chance or appointment.
931 Bantam Road, Route 202, Bantam, Connecticut.
Please note: Sorry! We will be closed Monday, September 15.
We have for you:
- Select school supplies. Check out our unique mouse ruler from Germany -- you'll be the envy of the class.
- Collectible books -- ask about our autographed titles.
- Staff new book picks
- Loads of used books: fiction, fantasy, science fiction, kids' books, & more
- Supplies for creative folk
- Books on art, architecture, cooking, crafting, quilting, home, garden, writing, screenwriting, the Old West,
railroading, & more
- Sketchbooks & drawing sets
- A variety of journals, from Decomposition Books to journals inspired by classic British Library bindings
- Notecards by Elizabeth Wolff, Rose-Ann Chrzanowski, and Yvette Hass
- Nostalgic Victorian greeting cards -- "Googly Eyes" is going fast!
- Nostalgic replica "Noah's Ark Panorama Book" set & "Miss Browne: The Story of a Superior Mouse" picture book
- Siege machine model & book sets, paracord jewelry kits, pastel portrait & figure drawing sets
- Plush ravens
- Eric Sloane reprint books from Dover
- Dover Creative Haven colorist books
- Dover books about Dore, Dulac, Morris, Parrish, Pyle, Rackham, & Wyeth
- Books by local & regional authors
- New gift & study Bibles
- Don't miss our special Bethlehem Library case. All profits from sales of these books will benefit the Bethlehem Public Library. Come on out, buy one, & show your support.
- And a lot more. Everyday we are adding to our stock. We just put out loads of art books that came from the one of the area's top designers & those of a well-known wildlife illustrator's personal collection. On top of that we have great dance books & books on writing from Litchfield's foremost choreographer/author team & a wonderful trove of books from another author's family home library. Come in soon, before they're all gone.
We continue to add books for online ordering, but you cannot beat coming in and browsing. Nothing like holding a book in your hands and discovering something new & interesting.
Events & Announcements:
September in the gallery:
We are bringing in some of our rotating collection of art, including original paintings & drawings, signed prints, & limited-edition framed artworks & photographs.
We would like to thank everyone for making Mandala Art
by Rose-Ann Chrzanowski a success. We continue to have her Mandala blank greeting cards on sale, with a choice of 4 colorful mandala designs, complete with envelope for only $3.00 each.
And thanks to all who came to the reading/signing for author Walter Keady!
We have copies of his memoir Being and Becoming
-- about his journey from priesthood in Ireland to IBM engineer & beyond -- as well as two of his acclaimed novels, The Dowry: A Novel of Ireland
& The Agitator: A Novel of Ireland in the Nineteenth Century
, in stock for you. Tiger Lily Road,
a movie by Michael Medeiros (who appeared at Dickens last November with a troupe of actors
for a reading of his vampire screenplay Van Helsing of Ipswich
) was a selection of the Soho International Film Festival!
Additional screenings at Anthology Film Archives
& at the Manhattan Film Festival
! Congrats Michael and Ilvi!