Welcome to Dickens Books & Art!
We are located in the Old Switch Factory Building, 931 Bantam Road, Route 202, Bantam, Connecticut.
Open 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. NOTE! Closed this Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, 12/5, 6, 7, & 8, due to medical reasons. We'll be back as soon as we can.
We are carrying:
- Collectible books, including signed books & vintage titles
- New books
- Loads of used books
- Books on art, architecture, cooking, crafting, quilting, home, garden, writing, history, & more
- Collectible art, engravings, posters, etc. Currently, we have several early Russian circus posters on display.
- Sketchbooks & drawing sets
- Acrylic paints on sale
- A variety of journals
- Notecards and new holiday cards by Elizabeth Wolff
- Other holiday cards, including Advent Calendar Christmas Cards from Germany; Norman Rockwell Advent Calendars; nostalgic Christmas decorations, including "Cat with Christmas Pudding" garland from England; & more
- Nostalgic replica "Noah's Ark Panorama Book" set & "Miss Browne: The Story of a Superior Mouse" picture book
- New gift & study Bibles
- Stocking stuffers
- Plush ravens
- Eric Sloane books
- Reprint books of the illustrations of Dore, Dulac, Parrish, Pyle, Rackham, & Wyeth
- Books by local authors
It's "Browser's Delight" as we continue categorizing & improving in response to your suggestions & requests.
Events:Currently on display & for sale:
Thanks to all who made Michael Medeiros' "Van Helsing of Ipswich" screenplay reading frightfully fun.
Check out Michael's & co-producer Ilvi Dulack's feature film Tiger Lily Road.
Sculptures, mixed media art, & mobil
es by Bantam artists David & Ann Marie Charest of Charest Studios.Saturday, December 21: Holiday Open House.
All welcome! Join in our marathon read of A Christmas Carol
enjoy refreshments, & more. Happy Hogswatch!