Welcome to Dickens Books & Art!
We are located in the red brick Old Switch Factory Building,
931 Bantam Road, Route 202, Bantam, Connecticut.
Friday, Saturday, & Monday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Sunday: 12 noon to 5 p.m.,
or by chance or appointment.
Booooo . . . ks
Get ready for Halloween with some scary, fun reads
from our great collection of spooky tales. There's something for everyone!
And if you're having a party or going to one, check out our Vintage Halloween Card Wreath, Victorian Masks, & Vintage Die-Cut Decorations!
Look for these the next time you come in:
- Watercolor sets, brushes, pastels, & color pencils to capture the glory of autumn.
- Sketchbooks for your visual journaling. We have them in all sizes from teeny-weeny to jumbo.
- A variety of writing journals, from "Decomposition Books" to journals inspired by classic British Library bindings.
- Notecards by Elizabeth Wolff, Rose-Ann Chrzanowski, & Yvette Hass.
- Nostalgic Victorian greeting cards -- "Googly Eyes" is going fast!
- Plush ravens, owls, and unique "rescue" kits for aliens, big foot, sock monkey, & dragons.
- Puzzles & games.
- Siege machine model & book sets, paracord jewelry kits, pastel portrait & figure drawing sets, & cupcake kits.
And yes we are a bookstore, too! You'll want to browse our:
- Ever-changing collection of great reads. There's something for every interest & budget. Check out our bargain basket!
- There's fiction: mysteries, thrillers, romances, fantasy, science fiction, & more.
- Non-fiction: art, architecture, cooking, crafting, quilting, home, gardening, pets, travel, sports, history, biographies, self-help, spirituality, diet & exercise, writing, & reference.
- Check out our collectible books -- ask about our author-signed titles.
- Kids' books:
- Board books & beginner readers.
- New picture books: Journey, Digby, Mr. Wuffles!, & more.
- Nostalgic replica "Noah's Ark Panorama Book" set & "Miss Browne: The Story of a Superior Mouse" picture books
- Gorgeously illustrated classics.
- Mid-grade fiction & non-fiction.
- Teen fiction.
- And of course, collectible children's books.
- Eric Sloane original & reprint books.
- Informative & rare books on Connecticut.
- Creative Haven colorist books. Yes, adults do color. Try it, you'll like it. Give your thumbs a rest & short-circuit the stress!
- Dover illustrated books about the great book illustrators: Dore, Dulac, Morris, Parrish, Pyle, Rackham, & Wyeth
- Books by local & regional authors
- New gift & study Bibles
- Don't miss our special Bethlehem Library case. All profits from sales of these books will benefit the Bethlehem Public Library. Come on out, buy one, & show your support.
- And a lot more. We have a remarkable collection of home decor items, objets d'art, handcrafted & antique items. Every day we are adding to our book stock. We just put out loads of cinema books that came from the one of the area's top playwright's personal library. And coming soon are a pile of Elvis books & memorabilia, JFK books, & classic works on theater. Come in often, you'll never know what you will discover. And if you think you want it, buy it. Things go fast & a lot of what we have is one-of-a-kind.
We continue to add books for online ordering, but you cannot beat coming in & browsing. Nothing like holding a book in your hands & discovering something new & interesting.
And don't forget about these other great Dickens services:
- Out-of-print, rare, & just-published book special orders. If you want it, chances are we can get for you.
- Free gift wrapping with any purchase.
- Evaluation of your special books & referrals to category specialists to consign or sell your unique treasures.
- Book repair & rebinding.
Events & Announcements:
October in the gallery: You will able to see more of our rotating collection of art, including some never shown before. Take home paintings, drawings, signed prints, limited-edition framed artworks, or photographs for just a pittance.
Looking forward: Our second annual reading of The Christmas Carol takes place in December. We'll announce the details soon.