Welcome to Dickens Books & Art!
We are located in the Old Switch Factory Building, 931 Bantam Road, Route 202, Bantam, Connecticut.
Hours: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We have for you:
- Collectible books -- ask about our autographed titles
- Selected new books
- Loads of used book: fiction, fantasy, science fiction, kids' books, & more
- Supplies for creative folk
- Books on art, architecture, cooking, crafting, quilting, home, garden, writing, screenwriting, the Old West,
- Sketchbooks & drawing sets
- A variety of journals, from Decomposition Books to journals inspired by classic British Library bindings
- Notecards by Elizabeth Wolff
- Nostalgic Victorian greeting cards -- "Googly Eyes" is going fast!
- Nostalgic replica "Noah's Ark Panorama Book" set & "Miss Browne: The Story of a Superior Mouse" picture book
- Siege machine model & book sets, para-fabric jewelry kits, pastel portrait & figure drawing sets
- Plush ravens
- Eric Sloane reprint books from Dover
- Dover Creative Haven colorist books
- Dover books about Dore, Dulac, Morris, Parrish, Pyle, Rackham, & Wyeth
- Books by local & regional authors
- New gift & study Bibles
- Authentic reproductions of Byzantine crosses in sterling silver, with silver-filled chains. We also have Egyptian- & astrological-themed jewelry.
It's "Browser's Delight" as we continue updating the store in response to your suggestions & requests. And we starting to add books for online ordering.Events & Announcements:
Currently: Mandala Art by Rose-Ann Chrzanowski of Naugatuck, CT, through July 31.
exhibition will include polychrome & monotone original art, as well
as limited edition fine prints & a collection of note cards. Thanks to all who made her opening reception a great success!
Thanks to all who came to the reading/signing for author Walter Keady!
We have copies of his memoir Being and Becoming -- about his journey from priesthood in Ireland to IBM engineer & beyond -- as well as two of his acclaimed novels, The Dowry: A Novel of Ireland &
The Agitator: A Novel of Ireland in the Nineteenth Century, in stock for you.
Tiger Lily Road, a movie by Michael Medeiros (who appeared at Dickens in November with a troupe of actors
for a reading of his vampire screenplay Van Helsing of Ipswich) was a selection of the Soho International Film Festival!
Additional screenings at Anthology Film Archives & at the Manhattan Film Festival! Congrats Michael and Ilvi!